Curriculum Links - Home Learning
Thanks to all of those children who entered the photography competition - Well Done
To see all entries please follow the link below and when the top 3 photos have been selected they will appear on our School's website
*NEW* - below are links to a Virtual Science Jamboree and an 'Up-Close' quiz - no peeking at the answers though!
The Psychological Society - Essential support and guidance for children during the period of 'Home Learning'.
Mental Health and Well Being Activities
partnershipforchildren.org.uk - Some resilience building activities
annafreud.org - Advice for parents/carers and young people on how to cope with anxiety especially during these uncertain times.
Children’s activity links
Click the icons below to go to some of the different websites that children can use to aid with their learning as well as having fun. It would be good if you could join along with your child.
- Oak National Academy - A new online academy that has been set up for home learning covering all age groups & subjects.
- Kent Children's University - Kent Children's University produces Challenges and Activities for families to enjoy at home.
- BBC bite-size - We’re bringing you three new lessons every weekday, with videos, activities and more.
Kent Association of Headteachers - This website, made specifically to support children and families during this difficult time. Suitable for all ages with numerous links to the best resources and websites to keep children occupied.
twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub - This is being updated daily for every age group with a daily timetable and specific activities.
pobble365 - A wonderful picture site giving ideas for children on how to write stories using fantastic pictures as a stimulus.
The King's School Canterbury - Links, ideas, activities - something for everyone.
Eden Project - A fascinating website, just right for those children (and adults) that love Science.
ReadingWise - A fabulous resource that has been made available for FREE during this unsettled time.
Joe Wicks - The body coach with 30 minute P.E. sessions on YouTube every morning starting at 9am.
Phonics Play - This website is used the by infants to practice their phonics.
Top marks - A website full of different games and activities covering a range of subjects.
L.C.F Clubs - A wide range of resources to support children to learn additional languages. Password - LCF2020sch
- - A collection of poetry for children to read and discuss.
- A youtube channel to inspire children when home learning, including their mindfullness/well being.
- Registration is free and it offers a wide range of learning opportunities.
- Pics4learning - Educational Picture-bank.
- Gallery.nen - Gallery full of picture and images.
- Swiggle - Search engine for children.
Love Reading 4 Kids - Information about children’s books.
- Search Picsearch - Search for picture on-line.
- Search Ask - Child friendly search engine.
- A link to over 40 different sites offering home support for children learning at home.- Another website with different activities to help with all primary aged children.
Educational Websites and resources
- TTS - Early Years Home Learning Activity Collection
- TTS - Fantastic free resource for children of all ages - Complete the Activity book if you can
- Twinkl - Loads of fun and educational Early Years resources covering all subjects*
- Twinkl - Hundreds of resources available for children in Key Stage 1 - Class 2*
- Twinkl - A huge and varied resource for Key Stage 2 children (Classes 3&4). Something for everyone*
* The following 'offer code' is required for access to the Twinkl resources - UKTWINKLHELPS
- icompute have provided FREE access to age specific 'Computing' resources - Fun and engaging
White Rose - Home Learning Live
Each class follows the White Rose scheme of learning and they have just announced free learning lessons for families to access at home. The resources are great to use and we would strongly recommend that each child accesses these daily or as often as you can. They are being updated as we speak so please keep checking their site for new resources.
TimesTable RockStars - Great for improving Key Stage 2 Multiplication Skills. For classes 2,3 and 4
Numbots - For classes 1 and 2
A range of maths games for all primary aged children
https://www.pobble365.com/ A wonderful resource giving ideas for children on how to write stories using fantastic pictures as a stimulus.
audible Stories available for free whilst schools are on lock-down
authorfy Site with videos from authors and text from books with activities to support reading etc.
booktrust-bookfinder A website where you can find a range of books for children to read. Age range from 2-11 years old.
worldofdavidwalliams At 11am every day David Walliams reads part of his best selling literature. Site also includes different activities to enjoy.
literacyshedplus A range of reading activities supported by free videos for all children in years 3,4,5,and 6.
STEM Schools Newsletter
Support for Children with Additional Needs
To support your children's speech, language and communication needs, SpeechLink have launched their new Parent Portal to help with this. The site provides parents with FREE speech and language advice, resources and activities.
Click to link to visit - SpeechLink
- St Nicholas Specialist School have provided a range of resources to support those children and families that have 'additional needs', including those that either have an ASD (autism) diagnosis or characteristics linked to the condition. Please click on the links below to straight to the St Nicholas website or access specific supporting documents.
- St Nicholas School Website
White Rose Home Learning
You can now access the printable resources that go alongside the lessons on the White Rose Home Learning videos for years 1 - 6 below. They have been organised by year group and each week contains 4 lessons. We hope you have all been enjoying the videos, they are an excellent way to engage your children in maths at home. There is also a timetable from the White Rose that shows the progression across the Summer Term. We will update the resources as soon as they become available on their website. There are previous weeks uploaded too incase you missed any or if you wanted to go back and complete the worksheets. Note: You do not need the worksheets to do the lessons so if you do not have access to a printer you can still partake.
- brainparade.com a visual instruction app, including flash cards and picture-choosing games, for children with autism and special needs.
- helpkidzlearn a collection of games and resources designed for a range of educational needs and stages. It includes provision for school closure.
- sensoryapphouse a range of apps are available for pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). All are interactive and many do not require significant coordination abilities.
- visuals2go an all-in-one app created to support people with communication and learning difficulties. For verbal and non-verbal learners.
- teachingvisuallyimpaired a range of downloadable resources to support blind and visually impaired pupils.