PE and Sport Premium
At Hoath Primary School we believe PE & Sport is an important tool in promoting a healthy and active lifestyle in young children, allowing them to develop the potential to change their lives for the better.
We welcome the Government’s decision to provide schools with additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE), sport and healthy living in primary schools. For the academic year 2017-18 Hoath Primary School has received a total allocation of £16650. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting and healthy living activities.
Below are examples of how we have alloacted this funding to benefit the children of our school.
- Purchased new sport equipment for P.E lessons within school.
- Purchased new Forest Schools equipment for outdoor learning.
- Buying in of specialist Sports Coaches to teach sports lessons.
- Employment of a Specialist Sport Coach to teach P.E lessons to all Juniors once a week.
- Buying in of Canoeing lessons/activities at Grove Ferry for year 5 and 6.
- Purchased new playground equipment to enhance behaviour routines.
- To support the running costs of our minibuses (for use to attend sporting events)