The Governing Body
The names of our present Governing Body are:
Governors are like the school’s Board of Directors. They make decisions about how the school is run.
They meet at least once a term, and each governor serves for four years. Governors are appointed to help:
• Decide what is taught
• Set standards of behaviour
• Interview and select staff
• Decide how the budget is spent
• Set performance targets for the Headteacher
School governors cannot act individually; they can only make joint decisions after discussion. The minutes of their meetings are available on request.
School Governors are:
• Local Authority Representatives
• Community Representatives
Parent Governors must have a child in the school at the time of election, and are elected by parents of the school.
The clerk to the governors is Angela Newman, who can be contacted via the school.
The Chair of Governors is Georgina Glover, who can also be contacted via the school.